Category M (Mass media)
This type of visa is designed for applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter, Media who is assigned by his/her news agency to work for long term in Thailand. Media who is going to work for temporary or short term need to apply for non-immigrant type B.
Visa Fees and Service Charges
|Visa Category||Fee||Validity of Visa||Validity of Stay|
|Non-Immigrant Visa (Single Entry)||INR 4,000||3 Months||Permitted to stay for a period not exceeding 90 Days unless otherwise instructed by the Immigration Bureau.|
|INR 10,000||6 Months or 1 Year||Permitted to stay for a period not exceeding 90 Days (each entry) unless otherwise instructed by the Immigration Bureau.|
Visa fee listed above is per applicant
VFS SERVICE CHARGES / OPTIONAL CHARGES
Service Charges to be paid per application in addition to the Visa Fees:
|No of Applications||Service Charge per application including all taxes|
|Above 25||INR 180|
Optional Courier Service
|Courier||Passport delivery at your home / office address||Rs. 300 /- (Inclusive of all the taxes)|
- All fees and charges are non-refundable, even if the application is refused or withdrawn
- The above service offering are optional
- The fee mentioned include 14.50% taxes (Service tax and education cess)
- Applicants are requested to collect appropriate receipts while opting for these services
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months with Two Blank Pages, and is not damaged.
- Visa Application Form completely filled out
- Two recent photographs of the applicant (3.5 X 4.5 cm) against white background (please check details under “Photo Specification”)
- Type M can be issued only when the Embassy receive the authorization from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangkok. The media, whose authorization has already been granted from Bangkok, please convey the authorization number to the Embassy and can apply for visa.
- Applicant needs to contact the Embassy to receive the guidance and to be interviewed, wait for the authorization, and apply after the authorization is granted.
Official Note certifying the purpose of travel from the Government Agencies /Embassies and Consulates/ International Organizations / State Enterprises in Thailand.
** All documents must be in English and arranged in order given above.
*** If required, additional documents and/or an interview may be requested.
**** Validity of visa denotes time period during which a traveler can use the visa. Period of stay denotes amount of time the traveler can stay in Thailand.
If required, you may be requested to bring additional documents by The Royal Thai Consulate.
Applicant traveling from some particular countries (see list) have to submit International Health Certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Colour photographs
- Not older than 3 months
- Size 3.5x4.5 cm
- White background
- Dark coloured clothes
- Full face must be visible, with face and eyes in correct position to the camera, and teeth invisible
- No sunglasses, hat or any head covering (unless it is warn due to religious beliefs)
- Photographs must be clear, of good quality, and are not digitally modified
Note: The Royal Thai Consulate-General has full right to ask applicant to change the photographs
Processing Time is 3 working days
- If there is any further verification required on the submitted documents there will be a further delay in the above mentioned processing time.
- The travel date should be minimum seven working days from the date of submission at Thailand Visa Application Centre.
Please check the list of requisite documents before submitting your application. The guidelines listed on this site will help you prepare your documents as accurately as possible. This will minimize chances of rejection of your Visa Application due to incorrect or inadequate documents.
Thailand Visa Application Form for Kolkata should be filled up online. For more details click here.